Poplar: Danny Aldington
'Only labour will defend your services and only Labour can deliver better services.'
Danny is the local Labour candidate for Poplar ward.
Danny has lived in Bedworth for over 15 years after moving here for work. He is married with two children who have both gone to schools in Bedworth, the eldest now works in the borough.
He has served as a school governor at the primary school that both of my children have attended. He was also a local borough councillor in Bedworth for eight years.
“Since 2010 the Conservative government has cut the central government fund that is given to Nuneaton and Bedworth borough council by over 60%. This has meant that the council have had less money to run the services that matter to you.
These local services matter to me, to Labour councillors and to the Labour run council. Only labour will defend your services and only Labour can deliver better services.
Local Conservatives want to follow in the footsteps of their colleagues in Westminster by cutting services that matter to you. They have pledged to close Bedworth civic hall and local community centres. Only Labour will invest in Bedworth, with plans to expand Bedworth park, build a new leisure centre and revamp the town centre.
I have been a local campaigner for over ten years in Bedworth and was a local councillor for eight years. I know how to get things done, and I will get things done for you in Poplar.”
Danny’s priorities will be to:
- Fight for better facilities in Hawkesbury village
- Invest in our sports and parks facilities
- Increase council housing provision
- Be a strong voice and say no to any attempt to being run from Warwick – we need to keep services local and oppose Conservative attempts at Warwickshire County Council to run all of our services
- Work with transforming Bedworth committee to ensure the best outcome for Bedworth residents
Danny can be contacted on 02475 920654, via email [email protected] and on twitter @DanAldington