Decent local people – old and young – just don’t feel safe enough anymore. We’ll fund 15 new local Police Officers and we’ll switch the street lights back on at night.
We’ll provide community wardens as well to tackle anti-social behaviour head-on. This is our top priority.
After 10 years of Conservative austerity, we have just six Police Officers left in our local safer neighbourhood teams.
All of the Police Stations have closed in our Borough and been sold off for development.
Your next Labour and Co-operative council will;
- Invest £2 million into frontline policing to fund at least 15 new Police Officers to work exclusively in North Warwickshire’s Neighbourhood Policing Teams.
- Pay the County Council to switch our streetlights on at night. We never have and never will support the switching off of our street lights.
- Use our ‘Safer Communities Fund’ to promote the “Town Watch” initiative to target retail crime and provide more CCTV in hot spots for anti-social behavior and criminal activity.
- Crack down on rogue taxi drivers and unlicensed vehicles putting our road users at risk.
- Use our powers as a planning authority to make our roads safer through traffic calming, reducing traffic congestion, providing well designed junctions and adequate parking spaces.
- Reduce the number of HGV vehicles parking on residential roads, working with the County Council to try to establish a HGV park for overnight parking.
- Help create proper “drop off zones” for parents taking children to school by car by working with the County Council.
- Campaign for the introduction of 20mph speed zones outside of our schools as part of the ’20 is plenty’ traffic calming policy.
- Offer to provide space at our new Coleshill Hub and Atherstone Hub for a 21stCentury style Police Station, with space for a front desk, office space and parking for the Police.