We’re looking for a new Local Organiser to join our team in North Warwickshire and Bedworth and help us boot the Tories out both locally and nationally.
The position is for a fixed term of two years and the full details can be found below.
Job Title: North Warwickshire Local Organiser
Responsible to: North Warwickshire CLP Chair
Location: North Warwickshire
1. To help deliver election victories in May 2019, May 2020 and at the General Election in North Warwickshire.
2. To promote the manifesto and policies of the local and national parties.
3. To support the local parties in growing membership, active volunteers and presence in the community
• To build capacity at local ward level and across the wider constituency by engaging current and potential members and activists to join campaign sessions.
• To enable and empower members and supporters to organise and campaign in their local community and win elections.
• To work with candidates, elected representatives and local parties to identify, develop and organise campaigns relating to the agreed local manifesto and national policies.
• To identify campaign leaders and provide training and support to campaign leaders and members on organising, campaign and election techniques
• To ensure a focus on growing the Labour Party, Co-operative Party and broader Labour movement in the local community and in target areas of North Warwickshire and Bedworth.
• To work alongside any Labour Party staff/organisers in delivering an election victory in local council elections and the next general election.
• To develop community campaigns by empowering members and local communities.
What we are looking for
The sort of person we are looking for will have the following qualities, skills and experience:
• Excellent organisational skills including ability to plan effectively
• Ability to motivate others
• Proven leadership qualities
• Commitment to Labour and Co-Operative values
• Positive problem-solving attitude
• Flexible and imaginative approach to resolution of issues
• Ability to learn from experience
• Ability to handle pressure and competing priorities
• Ability to work alone and in teams, and provide leadership where necessary
• Recent experience of election campaigning in the Labour movement
• Experience of/involvement in organising and/ or campaigning in the Labour movement and/or women’s, youth, trade union, community or other voluntary organisations
• General knowledge of the Labour Party and the Co-Operative Party, their policies, principles and organisation
• Planning and organisational skills
• Good standard of written English
• Oral communication skills including influencing and presentation skills
• Interpersonal skills
• A familiarity with Labour Party campaign technology, particularly Contact Creator, would be an advantage
• UK driver’s licence
Please note you will need to be flexible, including being available in evenings and weekends when appropriate.
To apply, please send your C.V and a covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification to Julie Jackson, CLP Chair via email to [email protected]