DO NOT MISS OUT. RESPOND TODAY TO THE CONSULTATION. THIS CAN NOT WAIT.
DO NOT DELAY. RESPOND TO THE LOCAL PLAN CONSULTATION NOW!
Tomorrow, marks the end of the consultation being held by Tory led North Warwickshire Borough Council on their local plan.
Labour oppose the plan that would see 9700 homes built mainly around the A5, Polesworth, Dordon, Atherstone, Hartshill and Ansley Common.
Labour proposed an alternative plan but the Conservative Council rejected it. Labour would build a new ‘Garden Village’ near to Birmingham and J9 M42. You can read about our plan here.
Now we need your help in opposing this plan. Please respond to the consultation.
You can find out more information on how to respond by clicking below but Labour have produced a template letter which you can download as a PDF here or in Word here. You can use this to send in to the Borough Council. If you can, please edit it slightly to make it individual to you.
Information on the Consultation from NWBC:
The Borough Council has agreed its submission version of the Local Plan. Prior to submitting the document to Government there is one final consultation period. This consultation period will run until 31st January 2018. Please ensure any comments are submitted by this date as any comments received after this date will not be considered.
The Local Plan when adopted will replace the Core Strategy 2014 and the saved policies of the Local Plan 2006.
A Sustainability Appraisal of the document has also been prepared for consultation which evaluates how social, environmental and economic issues have been taken into account in the preparation of the plan.
At this stage you can make comments on the “soundness” of the plan -; to be sound a Local Plan should be:
1. Positively prepared which means that the document must
- Seek to meet local needs for a range of uses including housing and businesses, which have been identified through the studies which make up the evidence base
2. Justified means that document must be
- Founded on a robust and credible evidence base
- The most appropriate strategy when considered against the reasonable alternatives
3. Effective means that the plan must be
- Able to be monitored
4. Consistent with National Policy
- The plan should enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the Framework
Documents and supporting evidence and online versions of the questionnaire can be viewed and downloaded from the Borough Council’s website at www.northwarks.gov.uk/planningconsultations
We encourage the viewing of documents and submission of comments electronically, where possible, to limit the use of paper and valuable resources used in the printing process.
Alternatively copies of the documents can be viewed at:
- Main Reception, Council Offices, South Street, Atherstone, CV9 1DE; and,
- the Borough’s Leisure Centre’s; and
- all local libraries, including the mobile service and the library in Nuneaton; and
- the Community Hubs.
Please note that the Libraries, Leisure Centre’s and Hubs will only have an Executive Summary of the Sustainability Appraisal. The full document will be available on the website or in the Council House.
To make comments please fill in the online or download a response form and send to [email protected],uk. Alternatively responses can be sent by post to the Forward Planning Team, North Warwickshire Borough Council, The Council House, South Street, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1DE.
All information supplied will be made available for public inspection. The Council reserves the right not to publish or take into account any representations which it considers offensive or defamatory
If you have any queries or require further information please do not hesitate to contact the Forward Planning team on 01827 719499/451 or email them on [email protected].