Bedworth West: Ian Lloyd
'We need a strong voice that is prepared to stand up and on some occasions to say no to Warwick. We have been neglected by WCC for too long. If elected I promise I will be that voice.'
I grew up in our community and was educated in Bedworth Heath and Kersley village and still live in Bedworth Heath to this day where I am married with two grown up children and four grandchildren, who also live in Bedworth.
I served in the Army for six years, have worked in the local car industry all my life and served as a Borough councillor over 30 years. I am now retired and have more time to dedicate to help improve the community we live in.
Under this pandemic families in our communities have been hit hard we need to make sure any help that is forthcoming from the county council is targeted to those areas that are the worst hit we cannot allow what has happened in the past with funding for our education, roads and transport being targeted in the south of the county along with the closure of our local libraries and youth services. All communities have to treated fairly.
- Demand Warwickshire County Council join Transport for the West Midlands, so we get cheaper and more frequent services on train and bus journeys.
- Urge Warwickshire County Council to switch our lights back on at night.
- Be a strong voice and say no to being run from Warwick we need to keep services local.
- Campaign for better road maintance in Bedworth we need a rapid response team that works and repair pot holes as soon as they are reported.
- Speak out for better funding for our local schools so we can give our children the best start in life.
We need a strong voice that is prepared to stand up and on some occasions to say no to Warwick. We have been neglected by WCC for too long. If elected I promise I will be that voice.